EXETER- A UPS driver was involved in an alleged road rage incident that happened in Otsego County over the weekend.
According to New York State Police, the UPS driver was on Route 205 in Hartwick when a pick-up truck, with two people, made a U-turn in front of the U-haul that upset the UPS driver.
They say the pick-up truck then slowed down in front of the U-haul. The U-haul passed the truck on Bristol Road and then the truck started tailgating the U-haul.
Police say they eventually turned down State Highway 80 and then onto Vic Breese Road, which is where the U-haul started brake checking. The pick-up swerved to avoid hitting the U-haul, and crashed into a snowbank.
They say the U-haul and UPS driver continued to Exeter to deliver packages. Police told NEWSChannel 2, during this time, the pick-up truck with the driver and the passenger found the U-haul. The passenger of the pick-up gets into the drivers seat of the U-haul while the UPS driver is in the back trying to locate a package, and drives the U-haul a short distance. The U-haul came to a stop and the driver fled the scene.
There was no damage and nothing was taken.
The passenger of the pick-up is charged with Unauthorized use of a Vehicle.
The investigation is ongoing.
- UPS driver involved in alleged road rage incident in Otsego Co.
- Upstate NY man charged in shooting during road rage incident
- State police searching for man who allegedly threw axe during road rage incident
- Rome man charged in road rage incident after allegedly throwing axe toward car
- Otsego County 2018 goals
- Conditions in Otsego County
- Otsego County Sheriff's race
- Trailblazer catches fire in Otsego County, driver uninjured
- Law enforcement investigating incident on Herkimer Road
- 2 people arrested following drug incident, altercation at Otsego County Jail