WASHINGTON (AP) -President Donald Trump says the United States has "launched precision strikes" on targets associated with Syrian chemical weapons program.
Trump spoke from the White House Friday night. He says a "combined operation" with France and the United Kingdom is underway.
Trump says that last Saturday, Syrian President Bashar Assad deployed chemical weapons in what was a "significant escalation in a pattern of chemical weapons use by that very terrible regime."
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- U.S. strikes on Syria with help of allies
- Trump condemns 'heinous' gas attack in Syria
- Local Congressional Leaders on Syria Airstrikes
- Trump softens tone on Syria withdrawal
- Gillibrand cancels debate over Charter Communications strike
- Verona man hospitalized after vehicle strikes utility pole
- Verona man arrested after allegedly striking truck with brass knuckles
- Tenney on chemical attack in Syria : "We have to take action"
- Teen facing felony charges after leading police on pursuits, striking 3 trooper cars