UTICA - (WKTV) Oneida County Undersheriff Joseph Lisi talked with us about a number of dangers when it comes to the summer months and about stepped up patrols for the holiday weekend and week ahead.
Lisi says graduation season, while a time of celebration, comes with a number of warnings. He warns parents of the dangers of serving alcohol at graduation parties to minors. "Now is not the time to try to be your child's best friend," Lisi said.
He also talked about the dangers of texting and driving and other forms of distracted driving. With more runners on the roads preparing for the Boilermaker Road race, which is coming up in just about two weeks, he said it is especially important to understand how quickly you can cause a serious accident by taking your eyes off the road for a split second.
Fireworks safety is key this time of year with many people buying fireworks. He warned of the dangers of those fireworks getting into the hands of youths, and talked about the severity of the burn that can come frome even a sparkler.
On the waterways, Lisi stressed the importance of having adequate life preservers for the passengers on a boat, and talked about the dangers of drinking and boating and excessive speed.
The Oneida County Sheriff's Department will have stepped up patrols for all aspects on the roadways and waterways through the July 4th holiday.
- Undersheriff talks safety ahead of big holiday weekend and week ahead
- Fantastic Weekend Ahead
- Previewing the week ahead...
- A wet week ahead
- Quiet, cold week ahead...
- Warm week ahead!
- Boating safety reminders ahead of Memorial Day Weekend
- Demko, Boucher discuss All-Star Classic ahead of big weekend
- Hallmark recalls candles ahead of the holidays
- Funeral arrangements announced for former Oneida County undersheriff