UTICA, N.Y. – The United Way of the Valley and Greater Utica Area kicked off its fundraising season by gathering with some of its major contributors on Monday.
This past season, the summer lunch program was supported by funds raised through campaigns held by these local businesses and organizations.
“Two hundred people giving back something to help our community actually does make a big impact at the end of the day. they raise a significant amount of money that goes back to supporting work that we do in the community,” said Erin Matt, executive director and CEO of the United Way VGU.
Matt says all of the money raised goes back into the local community.
- United Way kicks off fundraising season
- 'Kick-off For Kids' fundraiser
- ICAN "Kick Off for Kids" fundraiser underway
- Heart Run and Walk season kicks off
- Local United Way launches 2018 fundraising cycle with celebration
- Festival of Lights kicks off holiday season in Herkimer
- Golden Globe nominations kick off Hollywood's award season
- Thousands of fans help Syracuse Mets kick off 2019 season
- Rome's downtown farmers market kicks off for 2019 season
- Fundraising for a cause