BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - The University at Buffalo has suspended fraternity and sorority activities after a student was seriously injured during a suspected hazing incident.
Details of the incident that put the student in the hospital weren't released Friday. Authorities say it involved the Sigma Pi fraternity.
UB President Satish Tripathi says all fraternity and sorority activities are indefinitely suspended while campus and Buffalo police investigate and an internal review is conducted.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- University at Buffalo student hurt in suspected hazing
- Death at University of Buffalo after suspected hazing
- West Point honors Buffalo Soldiers.
- 6 students at SUNY Brockport arrested in hazing probe
- Haze this evening caused by smoke
- After Texas shooting, Buffalo church plans training
- Corruption trial begins in Buffalo Billion case
- Medical marijuana dispensary opens in Buffalo
- NYC, Buffalo-Rochester bid for Amazon's second headquarters
- Multiple crashes close snowy Thruway east of Buffalo