UTICA, N.Y. -- One week after a 9-year-old girl fell 30-feet down an elevator shaft at an apartment building, officials have released an update.
The elevator is still out of service, but that's at the direction of the Utica City Fire Department, while they complete an investigation into the incident.
The city fire marshal isn't giving a time frame for completion.
The Oneida County director of emergency management says if anyone living in the Michael Walsh complex needs assistance due to the elevator being out of service, they can call 211.
- Unknown how long elevator at Utica apartment complex will be out of service
- West Street Apartments complex opens in Utica
- Utica apartment complex tenants say crime is rampant; management-absent
- A sneak peek at the West Street Apartment Complex
- Police investigate stabbing in downtown Utica apartment
- Police respond to Olbiston Apartments in Utica
- Cats found abandoned in Utica apartment
- Young girl rescued from elevator shaft
- Girl improving, elevator still not working
- Cause of Kirkland fatal crash still unknown