It's been a long stretch of dry, sunny weather here in Central New York. We're up to ten dry days in a row for the Utica/Rome region, with plenty of sunshine to go along with it. Temperatures have been slightly below average during this stretch too, with highs in the 30s and 40s and overnight lows in the 10s and 20s.
Moving forward, we're expecting the next weather system to arrive Tuesday evening. Sunshine early in the day will be replaced by clouds throughout the afternoon. Rain returns Tuesday evening, starting out as a brief period of freezing rain in the higher elevations. Rain continues Tuesday night into Wednesday morning, with plenty of clouds hanging around through Wednesday afternoon.
Another round of rain arrives on Thursday, with highs in the upper 40s to near 50. Cooler, drier weather will follow for Friday and Saturday, followed by another round of rain on Saturday night. At this point, we aren't concerned about flooding because the weather has been so dry lately. If anything changes we'll let you know.
- Unsettled weather returns
- Humidity, unsettled weather ahead
- Cold, unsettled weather continues through the weekend
- Unsettled weather lingers through the weekend...
- Much cooler weather returns
- Drier weather returns this weekend
- A short break before the frigid weather returns
- Snow returns Thursday night
- Light snow returns
- Rain returns Thursday