HERKIMER -- Herkimer police have released the names of the victims injured in a one-car accident that happened in the town of Columbia Friday morning.
47-year-old Michele L. Snyder, of Illion, NY, sustained head injuries, several broken ribs, and was transported by MOVAC ambulance to St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Utica, NY.
Snyder, the driver of a 2001 Toyota, was traveling south on Elizabethtown Road, at approximately 11:20 a.m. According to a witness, the vehicle abruptly exited the east shoulder of the roadway, struck a telephone line pedestal and utility pole guide wire, causing the utility pole to strike the driver's side of the vehicle.
Joshua M. Tripple, 39, of Frankfort, NY was a passenger in the vehicle.
Tripple sustained multiple facial fractures and other internal injuries, causing him to be transported by a Mercy Flight Helicopter to Albany Medical Center in Albany, NY.
The accident's investigation is ongoing.
- Update: police release names involved in Cedarville crash
- Helicopter called to accident near Cedarville
- UPDATE: Police release names of 3 people killed in 1-car crash on Thruway in Verona
- Utica Police release names of those injured in rollover Arterial crash
- Police release victims names in Maryland newsroom shooting
- Police release name of 2nd person fatally shot in Waterloo
- Police ID Utica man killed in crash involving motorized scooter
- Rome school bus, police car involved in crash
- School bus involved in Deerfield crash
- UPDATE: Woman involved in Camden crash was reported missing in CT