The warm weather we've enjoyed over the past two days looks to come to a temporary end this week. A series of cold fronts will bring cooler weather back to the region as we head into the middle of the week. Tuesday looks cooler than Monday, with mostly cloudy skies. A cold front will arrive in the middle of the day and brings a round of briefly heavy rain and gusty winds. A rumble of thunder is possible tomorrow afternoon, too, especially south and east of Utica.
Breezy, cooler weather is expected to arrive Tuesday night into Wednesday. A few snow showers are possible Wednesday morning, but they won't last. Sunshine returns Wednesday afternoon, with highs in the 40s. Then, the weather changes again.
A powerful low pressure system will develop well to our west for the middle of the week. We'll miss out in the brunt of the winds and heavy rain, locally, but we will see some changes in the weather. A surge of warmer weather looks to arrive on Friday, along with rain, breezy, and cooler weather for the weekend.
Believe it or not, April is off to a much warmer start than last April. Yes, we have seen snow, more than once this month, but temperatures are a lot warmer than last year at this time. We've seen high temperatures in the 60s in the past two days.
- Big changes in the weather are expected this week.
- Big temperature fluctuations this week
- Big changes in the weather Wednesday
- Plumes of smoke expected this week at Griffiss
- A wild week of weather...
- Winter storm expected Friday...
- Thunderstorms expected Wednesday
- Earlier flu season expected
- Freezing rain expected Wednesday
- Accumulating snow expected Friday