UTICA- People gathered at Hanna Park in Utica to recognize Utica's diversity, something the city is known for.
Organizers for the event said it's a celebration of resiliency, spirit and courage for all the local refugees.
Mersiah Omerigac from Bosnia said Utica does a good job of making people feel at home. "There is no difference where you come from, what religion, what language, I love it," he said. "I mean it's like a small world in one place, thats what it's all about here in Utica."
Money from the event was put towards Cornell Cooperative Extension, for their garden.
- Utica Celebrates World Refugee Day
- Students in Utica celebrate World Anthropology Day
- Utica celebrates Tomato Pie Day
- Utica Zoo celebrates National Hedgehog Day
- Celebrating St. Joseph's Day in Utica
- U.S. cuts refugee admittance
- New training program to help Utica's refugee population
- Utica refugee center offers cultural training to UPD
- Flag Day Celebrations
- Week of events for Utica's St. Patrick's Day celebrations