UTICA, N.Y. – The Utica Children’s Museum is accepting entries into the second “Museum Idol” singing contest.
There will be two categories, one for kids aged 12 and under and the other for ages 13 to 18.
The contest will take place on Saturday, Dec. 28 at the museum, 311 Main St., and will begin at 11 a.m. The top three winners in each category will win cash or gift card prizes. If the museum is awarded the Levitt AMP grant, the teen winner will additionally receive the opportunity to sing at one of the summer concerts at Kopernik Park.
Judges for the competition include Katie Giacovelli of the Observer-Dispatch, Astena Smith of Ladies of Soul and Gary ‘Big Poppa’ Spears from MIX 102.5.
To enter, parents should submit a video of their child singing to the Utica Children’s Museum Facebook page by 5 p.m. on Dec. 20. The entry should include the child’s name and age, along with the parents’ name, phone number and email. The kids should only sing one song, that they know all of the words to, and it must be over an instrumental track.
There will be 20 contestants chosen, 10 in each category, and will be selected by ICAN and UCM staff.
Parents will be notified if their child was chosen to participate via Facebook message on Sunday, Dec. 22.
- Utica Children's Museum accepting entries for singing competition
- New storefront for Utica Children's Museum
- Utica Children's Museum weighing its options
- Utica Children’s Museum celebrates 55 years
- Science Saturday at the Utica Childrens Museum
- Kids Oneida to provide support to Utica Children's Museum
- Utica Children's Museum keeping kids busy on winter break
- Utica Children's Museum welcomes JAY-K to Main Street
- Adoptable animals visited Utica Children's Museum for Pet Day
- Utica Rotary now accepting internship applications