UTICA – While kids are off from school for mid-winter break this week, the Utica Children’s Museum has a packed schedule of activities to keep them busy.
The museum will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, and from 12-5 p.m. Sunday.
Admission to the museum is $8 for adults, $6 for kids, and as part of the ‘Museums for All’ program, admission is $1 for up to four people per EBT card.
All of the activities are included in the price of admission.
Here is the schedule for this week’s events and activities at the Utica Children’s Museum:
Tuesday, February 20
11am - 1pm
Make Your Own Olympic Medal in the 3rd Floor Art Studio
Wednesday, February 21
12-2pm – Back by popular demand! Make Your Own Tie Dye Shirt (the Museum provides the shirts!)
2-4pm – Indoor Baseball!
Join Herkimer College baseball player Matt Boone on the 3rd floor and learn fundamentals of fielding, throwing and a little batting with soft stress balls! Great for ages 6-10.
Thursday, February 22
11am - 1pm – Paper Bag Puppet Making Contest
Photos of puppets will be posted on the Museum’s Facebook page for a chance to win a family membership!
1-2pm – Fashion and Jewelry Making
Great for ages 6+ Herkimer College fashion students will walk kids through illustrating clothing designs and making a bracelet or necklace accessory to take home
Friday, February 23
Beach Day! – Beach Ball Volleyball on the 3rd floor, Sand Art in the Art Studio... and more!
CollegeWorks student Angus Armstrong will present his “Growing Up Under the Sea” puppet show
at our 2nd floor puppet theater. Four 15 minute shows!
Saturday, February 24
11am - 1pm – It’s a 3rd Floor TakeOver with Retro Fitness including Kids Bootcamp, Kids Zumba
PLUS! Make your own Pet Rock in the Art Studio from 11am - 1pm
Sunday, February 25
Red, White and Blue Day - activities going on all day
Wear red, white and blue to celebrate USA’s awesome Olympic athletes and get $1 off admission.
- Utica Children's Museum has full week of activities for mid-winter break
- Utica Children's Museum keeping kids busy on winter break
- Spring break activities planned all week at the Utica Zoo
- New storefront for Utica Children's Museum
- Utica Children's Museum weighing its options
- Utica Children’s Museum celebrates 55 years
- Science Saturday at the Utica Childrens Museum
- Active Work Week
- Adoptable animals visited Utica Children's Museum for Pet Day
- Kids Oneida to provide support to Utica Children's Museum