UTICA – As the Utica Children’s Museum entertains kids on this break from school, we’re learning more about a transformation at the museum with the help of Kids Oneida.
A management agreement means that Kids Oneida will provide administrative and operational support to the museum, along with development and marketing resources. You may have already noticed a greater presence on social media.
The agreement will also provide better experiences for children and their families. All throughout this week, for example, there are special activities for children to enjoy. Today was snow day, where kids were able to enjoy a free snow cone and make a snowflake craft.
Officials say this agreement will make the museum a stronger educational center for local children and their families.
“We're really focusing on programming, we want to make sure there's something a little bit different that's available for kids and families, so we're working on that addressing it right now, It’s one of the first things we looked at at the museum,” said Steven Bulger, executive director of Kids Oneida. “So we're doing that now, especially during the holiday break and we're now starting to put together programming for January with some exciting opportunities that are going to be coming up.”
This new agreement was made possible with funding from the Community Foundation of Herkimer and Oneida Counties.
Tomorrow is tie-dye day at the museum, where you can make your own shirt from 1-3 p.m.
There’s a lot on tap for Thursday, starting with story time from 12-1 p.m., followed by making your own sock puppet from 2-3 p.m. There’s also a holiday card project going on from 2-4 p.m.
On Friday, you can check out the new kids’ mechanic shop. Bohling's Auto Services will help cut the ribbon on the new exhibit.
And on Saturday, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., you can make your own New Year’s Eve noise makers.
- Utica Children's Museum keeping kids busy on winter break
- Kids Oneida to provide support to Utica Children's Museum
- Utica Children's Museum has full week of activities for mid-winter break
- New storefront for Utica Children's Museum
- Utica Children's Museum weighing its options
- Utica Children’s Museum celebrates 55 years
- Science Saturday at the Utica Childrens Museum
- Utica Children's Museum plans to relocate
- "Kids Fest" kicks off mid-winter break
- Utica Children's Museum welcomes JAY-K to Main Street