UTICA, N.Y. -- The Utica Children's Museum is the place to be over the holiday break.
The newest tenant is JAY-K Lumber and that's why there was a ribbon cutting Tuesday.
One of the favorite features is the two-story Main Street, with 10 store-fronts.
Kids will find a credit union, a cafe, and a doctor's office with local store-front names.
JAY-K handled the renovations of the new storefronts.
“Local supporting local is really what we do well here at the children’s museum and there are various store fronts for the kids to act and play and let their imaginations run wild,” said Steve Bulger, the acting director.
The children’s museum is open for February break. After that, it is open Thursdays through Saturdays 10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and Sundays 12 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Utica Children's Museum welcomes JAY-K to Main Street
- Jay Street in Utica permanently closed
- New storefront for Utica Children's Museum
- Utica Children's Museum weighing its options
- Utica Children’s Museum celebrates 55 years
- Science Saturday at the Utica Childrens Museum
- Christmas on Main Street returns
- Utica Welcomes UFC Fight Night
- Kids Oneida to provide support to Utica Children's Museum
- Utica Children's Museum keeping kids busy on winter break