UTICA, N.Y. – The Utica City Football Club is preparing for the upcoming season with new additions to the team roster.
There are currently 15 players on the team, and seven of them are new. General Manager Tommy Tanner says two key additions to the roster are Uros Momic and James Togbah.
Momic, a midfielder hailing from Serbia, will make his indoor debut with Utica this season after playing two seasons with Bryant and Stratton College.
Newcomer Togbah is originally from Liberia, and previously played for FC Wichita, where he received all-conference honors and Defensive Player of the Year.
“I think if you look at us right now on paper, we're probably one of the favorites to win the whole thing,” said Tanner.
The team has been practicing in preparation for the preseason game on Nov. 17 against the Canada MetroStars.
Midfielder Nate Bourdeau says he’s happy with the group of players on the team this year, and hopes the fans will be too.
“We have a good group and we're young. A lot of talent, a lot of different types of players, technical players, strong players, good defenders, goal scorers; so I think the fans will be excited,” said Nate Bourdeau, a midfielder for Utica City FC.
They open the regular season in Baltimore on Nov. 22 before their home opener on Nov. 24 at the Adirondack Bank Center.
- Utica City FC takes new roster into upcoming season
- Utica City FC signs its 'marquee player' for inaugural season
- Utica City FC takes down Blast in home opener
- Utica City FC announces 2018-19 schedule
- Couple ties the knot at Utica City FC game
- Ryan Hall named first Utica City FC head coach
- Utica City FC re-signs Logan Roberts for two years
- Utica City FC powers past Harrisburg Heat at home
- Utica City FC dethrones Blast for Eastern Division regular season title
- Utica City FC focused on division title heading into final game of the regular season