UTICA, N.Y. -- An audit of the Utica City School District found almost $418,000 in payroll payments were not paid in accordance with contracts.
The state comptroller's office found payroll totaled $4.7 million to 151 employees.
The audit states the school board did not authorize salaries paid to 6 individuals totaling more than $347,000. And paid close to $12,000 to an employee who worked offsite without certainty the work was performed.
Utica's superintendent says corrections were made where necessary, and said the employment of those individuals was authorized when hired, but board minutes didn't acknowledge the contract agreements.
The audit was of the 2016-2017 school year.
To read the full report, head to the comproller's website.
- Utica City School District audit shows discrepancy in payroll payments
- Audit: State made $1B-plus in unnecessary Medicaid payments
- Utica Common Councilor requests city audit by outside agency
- Mug Club: Utica City School District Fine Arts Festival
- Utica City School District ranks No. 1 for diversification upstate
- Mug Club: Utica City School District Universal Pre-K Registration
- Utica City School District to place special patrol officers in elementary schools
- The Utica City School District will have a police officer present at a local high school
- Utica School Board president announces run for 119th Assembly District
- Utica City Budget