Baristas usually serve coffee, but on Thursday, Utica Coffee Roasting baristas delivered turkeys to the Utica Rescue Mission to make sure everyone – regardless of their own ability to provide a Thanksgiving meal – could enjoy one.
One of the Utica Coffee workers saw a news story about the local need for Thanksgiving dinner fixings, so she talked to her bosses at Utica Coffee Roasting and they arranged for the purchase of 50 turkeys.
"I look at it as – and I know same with my coworkers – this time of year with the holidays, I just feel everybody should be able to celebrate and come together,” said Melissa Betts, a barista at Utica Coffee Roasting. “For me, having a dinner with your family, friends – that, to me, is what the holiday season is about.”
Today the baristas will be delivering the turkeys to the Rome Rescue Mission.
- Utica Coffee Roasting delivers turkeys to Utica, Rome rescue missions
- Rome Rescue Mission 300 turkeys short
- Rome Rescue Mission delivering meals throughout community
- Newstalk: Utica Rescue Mission Donations
- NEWSTALK: Utica Rescue Mission Thanksgiving
- Newstalk: Rescue Mission of Utica
- Utica Comets donate 300 turkeys to Rescue Mission
- Cree team donates turkeys, holiday baskets to Utica Rescue Mission
- Utica, Rome rescue missions celebrate Thanksgiving with those in need
- Rome Rescue Mission celebrates Christmas