UTICA- Utica College is on the rise for expansion over the next year several years. This year Utica College has already welcomed in hundreds of new students, with expectancy to rise in the years to come.
This year the college has hired Albany-based BBL Construction to build $13 to $14 million townhouses. The design is currently set up for a 147 room outline, with each apartment roughly 1,500-square feet.
“Yeah really enrollment really sparked the whole project,” said Jeff Gates, Utica College Student Life Vice President. “You know over the past two years we didn’t only see a growth in new student enrollment but [the students] are staying here longer and graduating at a higher rate."
Over the past several months' construction crews have been working to construct this year-long project. The new complex consists of three apartment buildings four single bedrooms, two full bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining area and a living area. There's also a community building, a maintenance shop and an apartment for a residence director. The new housing complex will be available to juniors, seniors, and graduate students.
“Ah I like it,” said Markel Griggs, Junior on the Utica College football team. “I mean it will definitely bring more people to the games for sure.”
Another construction was also happening on campus Friday. The Construction Management building was being built and expects to open its door homecoming weekend (Sept. 29th).
- Utica College Grows New Walls
- Utica College commencement ceremony
- Utica College Red Flag Campaign
- Utica Curling Club's College Bonspiel
- Utica College Regional Science Fair
- Utica College grad lead investigator on college admissions scandal
- Utica College Sports Dome Finally Inflated
- Utica College hosts youth basketball clinic
- Active Shooter Drill at Utica College
- UPDATE: Utica College lockdown has been lifted