The campaign, sponsored by Kristen’s fund is designed to educate students and the local community on the topic of domestic violence. As well as the warning signs to look out for. Students also took part in various activities including hand painting as well as a wheel spin. There was also a banner that participants could sign, pledging to say something if they see one of those red flags in a friend's relationship. Guest speaker Brandi Bolton from the YWCA, hopes that students will leave with one message in mind.
"I'm hoping that people will get a better understanding of what a healthy relationship is, and understanding that something that's happening in a relationship may not be unhealthy and that there are people here that can help like us at the YWCA." Said Brandi Bolton of the YWCA.
The flags that were created at today’s event will be put on display for next year’s event.
- Utica College Red Flag Campaign
- Utica College commencement ceremony
- Flags for heroes posted in Utica
- Cuomo's 'red flag' gun bill advances
- Utica College Grows New Walls
- Utica Curling Club's College Bonspiel
- Utica College Regional Science Fair
- #WhyImHere: The social media campaign created and promoted by Utica College students
- Flags for Heroes posted along Utica's Memorial Parkway
- Utica College grad lead investigator on college admissions scandal