UTICA, NY – Dozens of area youth were taken to court Saturday.
The basketball court that is.
The Oneida County Youth Bureau teamed up with the Utica College Men’s Basketball team to provide a free youth basketball clinic for boys and girls ages 8 to 17.
The clinic taught the fundamentals of the sport to the next generation of ball players.
The boys and girls had the chance to run many different practice drills and improve not only their respect for the game, but for each other as well.
Kevin Green, Director of the Oneida County Youth Bureau says these are skills the kids can use both on and off the court.
“As it gets colder, and there’s things that need to get done physically, this is a great time of year for us to offer a free basketball clinic. It’s also an opportunity for the kids to get a little more skill development for whatever team they participate on.”
Green says some of the younger kids were in awe of the much taller Utica players at first, but were soon giving high-fives as the clinic went on.
- Utica College hosts youth basketball clinic
- Youth group offers free basketball clinic at Utica College
- Utica College men's basketball team to host co-ed youth clinic on Saturday
- Utica Blue Sox, Oneida Co. Youth Bureau to host free baseball clinic Friday
- Local basketball standout commits to Utica College
- South Utica methadone clinic scrapped
- Utica College commencement ceremony
- Utica College hosts 4th annual Relay for Life
- Utica College hosts luncheon ahead of annual 'Believe Bowl'
- Utica College men's hockey to host NCAA Tournament game