Utica, N.Y. – The Comets would start out the game on the offensive. Cam Darcy put them up 1-0 in the first period, after tipping a pass from Patrick Wiercioch past Rocket goaltender Zachary Fucale.
In the second period the Rocket would answer as Kerby Rychel beat Thatcher Demko glove side to tie it up at one. Minutes later Niki Petti gave Laval a 2-1 lead, as he knocked home a rebound past Demko.
Laval would extend the lead to 3-1 off of a shorthanded goal from Eric Gelinas early in the second period. Markus Eisenschmid collected the assist.
Chris Terry would then make it 4-1 in the third on a power play. A few minutes later Tony Cameranesi would get one back for the Comets off the assist from Darcy. The Comets would come up short however, losing 4-2 to the Rockets.
Demko finished with 19 saves and his record falls to 20-11-6. Fucale stopped 30 shots. His record improves to 10-5-0. The Comets power play went 0-4, while the penalty kill allowed three goals in six attempts.
The Comets search for redemption tomorrow night on the road against the Belleville Senators. Puck drop at is set for 7 p.m. The game can be heard on 94.9 KROCK and viewed on AHL Live.
- Comets fall to Rocket 4-2
- Comets late surge not enough in loss to Laval Rocket
- Rocket soar past Comets in third consecutive matchup
- Demko returns from injury, Comets ground Rocket with 3-2 win
- Comets snap eight game losing skid, beat Rocket in shootout
- Comets fall to Marlies in season opener
- Comets fall to Senators in shootout
- Comets steady on both ends of the ice in win over Rocket at home
- Comets fall to Amerks after pair of third period goals
- Comets fall short against Devils for third straight loss