(August 24, 2017)
Utica, N.Y. - The Utica Comets announced their 2017 preseason schedule, where we will get our first look at the 2017-18 roster in game action, Thursday.
The preseason will again consist of two games against arch-rival, Syracuse Crunch, head coach Trent Cull's former team.
The first game of the preseason will take place on Saturday, September 30th, when the Comets host the Crunch at Kennedy Arena in Rome.
"It's always exciting going back to Rome, which is where my parents are from," said Comets President, Robert Esche. "I'm happy we were able to work something out with the City of Rome and the AHL to highlight such a great hockey community, and to kick off what is to be a very special fifth anniversary season."
This will be the third time the Comets have hosted a preseason game at Kennedy Arena, the last coming before the 2014-15 season.
On the next night, the teams face-off in Syracuse at the War Memorial. Both games have 5 p.m. start times.
The Comets then open up the regular season on Saturday, October 7, in Toronto against the Marlies with puck drop set for 3 p.m.
- Utica Comets announce 2017 preseason schedule
- Comets announce 2017-18 preseason training camp roster
- Utica City FC announces 2018-19 schedule
- Comets 2018-19 regular season schedule released
- Comets 2019-20 regular season schedule released
- Comets announce preseason roster with many returning players and unique local flavor
- Canucks assign players to Comets ahead of preseason camp in Utica
- Parking information for Utica Comets game tonight
- Johnson, Devils shutout the Comets in Utica
- Comets' Woods follows in father's skates to Utica