UTICA, N.Y. – The Utica Comets will be hosting an outdoor game for the 2021 AIS Empire State Classic against the Syracuse Crunch at the Griffiss Business & Technology Park in Rome next February.
According to Utica Comets President Robert Esche, this will be the first outdoor game for the team, and the first time an American Hockey League game is played outside in Oneida County.
“The Comets staff is dedicated to making the 2021 AIS Empire State Classic the event our area has ever seen,” said Esche. “We plan to put on a truly once-in-a-lifetime, immersive experience for all ages, that our area will embrace and celebrate for years to come.”
The 2021 AIS Empire State Classic is part of a larger Winter Festival celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Griffiss Local Development Corporation.
Mohawk Valley Garden is currently working with other companies to develop a 16,000-seat temporary stadium to house the event. The venue will have an ice rink, portable video boards and more. There are three sites at Griffiss being considered for the construction, according to Esche.
Tickets for the event can be reserved for $25 each. The game will take place on Feb. 13.
A seat selection process will take place later this year, according Esche. Season ticket holders will have first dibs, and then others based on when reservation deposits were received.
To reserve seats, call 315-790-9070 or visit: www.empirestatetix.com.
- Utica Comets hosting 2021 AIS Empire State Classic game outdoors at Griffiss
- Comets, Pioneers excited for 'dream come true' of playing outdoor games at Empire State Classic
- Empire State Winter Games adding esports
- Rome Grizzlies win Empire State Games
- Comets planning outdoor hockey game as part of winter festival
- Parking information for Utica Comets game tonight
- State officials discuss Utica-Schuyler portion of Empire State Trail
- ALS Utica Golf Classic
- The Cherry Valley Outdoor Games
- Fighter Jets return to Griffiss