(August 9, 2017)
UTICA – Local Comets fans will have a new way to show support for their hockey heroes this fall.
The Comets announced Tuesday that beginning in October, specialty Comets-themed cans of Labatt Blue and Labatt Blue Light will be sold in six counties, including Oneida, Herkimer and Madison. The 16-ounce cans will be packaged in six packs and shipped to Labatt Blue and Labatt Blue Light retailers in those six counties.
The blue, green and white cans will feature the Utica Comets logo on the front and the back of the cans, with the slogan #cheerstohockey printed on them as well. Images of the cans will also be printed in Labatt’s 2017-18 Utica Comets promotional schedule, which will be distributed to local bars and restaurants.
An official release party with McCraith Beverages, the local Labatt USA distributor, is planned for October.
“The reveal of the Labatt Blue Comets cans is a great way to kick off the fifth anniversary season,” said Utica Comets President Robert Esche in a news release. “McCraith has always been a valuable sponsor to the Comets brand, and this can design takes the partnership to another level. I’m extremely excited to enjoy these cans with the rest of Comets fans throughout the Mohawk Valley this October.”
- Utica Comets unveil promotional Labatt Blue beer cans
- Utica Police promote two officers
- Utica Fire Department holds promotion, appointment ceremony
- Utica Comets announce 2017 preseason schedule
- Parking information for Utica Comets game tonight
- Johnson, Devils shutout the Comets in Utica
- MVHS unveils downtown Utica hospital exterior design
- Botswana unveils blue diamond to rival the Hope Diamond
- Bourbon and Blues at the Utica Zoo
- Harried Housewife: Beer Bread