UTICA – The Utica Common Council will meet tonight to discuss the appointment of a new city clerk, and the possibility of promoting the current acting city clerk, Michelle George, to the city clerk position.
Last week the Common Council voted to advertise the position to other candidates instead of automatically giving the position to the deputy clerk Michelle George.
George has worked in the clerk’s office for 15 years and she has served as deputy clerk for four years. She’s been serving as acting city clerk since Patricia Lindsey retired in November.
Utica city councilors will caucus at 6 p.m. and the regular meeting will start at 7 p.m.
- Utica Common Council to discuss city clerk appointment
- Common Council unanimously votes to appoint George to city clerk position
- Oneonta common council discusses proposed housing project
- Utica Common Council approves Parks Master Plan
- Utica Common Council revisits tow truck legislation
- Utica Common Council votes to pass city budget
- Oneonta Common Council discuss state grants at meeting
- Utica Common Council discuss proposed budget that could raise taxes for residents
- Utica Common Councilors discuss ways to solve $700,000 budget error
- MVHS presents updated plans to Utica Common Council