WHITESBORO- The Utica Curling Club holds their annual college bonspiel all weekend.
This tournament attracts 24 college teams from all over the northeast. This competition is special because it's the last chance for teams to earn qualifying points to get into the college national championships for curling.
People with the club said, they're excited to see the popularity for curling growing. "It's the energy the kids bring," said Mary Jane Walsh. "Most of them have never curled before until they came to college and we got one maybe that brings an experienced member in their club and we have four schools that curl out of this club now, it's just great."
Link to livestream the competition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYXlMF1bbJ0
- Utica Curling Club's College Bonspiel
- Utica Curling Club hosts Mitchell Bonspiel
- Utica Curling Club hosts historic Gordon International Bonspiel
- 34th annual Raymond Kayser Bonspiel kicks off at Utica Curling Club
- Learn how to curl with the Utica Curling Club
- Utica Curling Club to host open house Saturday
- Utica Curling Club hosts GNCC inaugural Mixed Doubles Championship
- Curling Club holds Olympic Open House
- Utica College commencement ceremony
- Olympic Gold means big turnout for Utica Curling Club Olympic Open House