UTICA, NY – The annual Mayor’s Gala took place Saturday at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel on Lafayette Street in Utica.
Utica mayor Rob Palmieri and his wife, Susan, hosted the event.
This year’s gala benefitted The Arc, Oneida-Lewis Chapter.
The Arc will use the money to relocate its Chefs Express program.
Chefs Express is a bakery that will serve as a training site for people with developmental disabilities who wish to work in the community.
“It’s going to be like a little café slash bakery,” said Angela Garrow.
“I’m going to show the world that I can make beautiful cupcakes and they taste really good. People from the community will come in and see that people with disabilities can actually do something.
The Mayor’s Gala has been benefitting various nonprofits and community initiatives since 2008.
- Utica Mayor's Gala benefits The Arc, Oneida Lewis Chapter's Chefs Express
- Utica mayor's gala will benefit the ARC Oneida Lewis
- Utica mayor, wife present check to ARC Oneida-Lewis chapter
- Arc, Oneida-Lewis Chapter launches telehealth program
- Utica Mayor's Benefit Gala
- Newstalk: Utica Mayor's Gala
- All smiles as Utica Comets players visited ARC Oneida-Lewis
- Mug Club: Arc Oneida-Lewis Open Interview Day
- AHL players visit Arc Oneida-Lewis for special meet-and-greet
- Mayor's Benefit Gala raises more than $42,000 for Kelberman Center