UTICA, NY-- It's not the Kentucky Derby, but it's still a day full of races at the Utica National Insurance Group.
Employees at Utica National had an extended lunch hour on Wednesday and participated in a rubber duck race in a nearby creek, for the annual Duck Days.
Every year the event raises a few thousand dollars for the Children's Miracle Network. Prizes are given to the owner of the fastest duck and it's also a way to keep staff motivated to help CMN every year.
"This is our largest fundraiser for Children's Miracle Network hospitals," said Steve Kukowski, senior corporate communications specialist. "We hold some smaller ones throughout the year, this is the big one and the success of this from year to year, it's really a testimony to our employees generosity and supporting a great cause."
The employees organize the event start to finish on their own time and put forth their own money to purchase the ducks.
- Utica National's 'Duck Days' supports the Children's Miracle Network
- Children's Miracle Network Thanks Confidata
- Children's Miracle Network Thanks YOU!
- Children's Miracle Network Thanks Stewart's Shops
- Children's Miracle Network Ticket Blitz Today!
- Local Children's Miracle Network Hospitals receives van donation
- Kids Oneida to provide support to Utica Children's Museum
- Utica Zoo celebrates National Hedgehog Day
- Find out where you can purchase Children's Miracle Home tickets
- Adoptable animals visited Utica Children's Museum for Pet Day