UTICA, NY-- Utica police have confirmed that an arrest has been made in the homicide case of 17-year-old Stefan Medina.
Eighteen-year-old Jorge Campos of Utica is charged with the following:
- First-degree manslaughter (F)
- Second-degree criminall possession of a weapon (F)
- Criminal possession of a firearm (F)
- Third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance (F)
- Fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance (F)
- Seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance (M)
Medina was found lying in a driveway on Elizabeth Street with a gunshot wound on Aug. 19. He was taken to the hospital where he later died. A GoFundMe page has been set up for Medina's family - you can find that here.
Police say the investigation remains ongoing and additional charges may be levied.
There have been seven homicides in the cty of Utica so far in 2018. Out of the seven, six arrests have been made.
- Utica police make arrest in teen homicide case
- Utica man pleads not guilty in teen homicide case
- Utica Police: Bleecker Street homicide suspect arrested in Pennsylvania
- UPDATE: Utica police investigating homicide on Elizabeth Street in Utica
- Woman charged in connection with 'justifiable homicide' case in Utica
- UPDATE: Utica police make arrest in armed home invasion robbery
- Utica police release more information about infant homicide investigation
- Police searching for Utica homicide suspect's 90-year-old grandmother
- Case against man accused in Utica teen's death delayed
- Teen homicide case headed to Oneida County for grand jury review