UTICA, NY-- Utica police have confirmed that an arrest has been made in the homicide case of 17-year-old Stefan Medina.
Eighteen-year-old Jorge Campos of Utica is charged with the following:
- First-degree manslaughter (F)
- Second-degree criminall possession of a weapon (F)
- Criminal possession of a firearm (F)
- Third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance (F)
- Fourth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance (F)
- Seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance (M)
Medina was found lying in a driveway on Elizabeth Street with a gunshot wound on Aug. 19. He was taken to the hospital where he later died. A GoFundMe page has been set up for Medina's family - you can find that here.
Police say the investigation remains ongoing and additional charges may be levied.
There have been seven homicides in the cty of Utica so far in 2018. Out of the seven, six arrests have been made.