ERIE, PA – A man wanted in connection to a homicide in Utica last week has been arrested.
Utica police say on Saturday, 24-year-old Omar Ortiz was taken into custody by police near Erie, Pennsylvania after they received tips from the local community. Ortiz was wanted in connection with the shooting death of 25-year-old Deon Williams. Williams suffered several gunshot wounds on Bleecker Street around 8:30 p.m. on June 28, and later died from his injuries.
Police say Ortiz allegedly committed other crimes while in Pennsylvania. He is awaiting extradition back to Utica to face charges related to the shooting of Williams.
PREVIOUS COVERAGE: Utica police ID man killed in Bleecker Street shooting
- Utica Police: Bleecker Street homicide suspect arrested in Pennsylvania
- UPDATE: Utica police ID man killed in Bleecker Street shooting
- Man accused in Bleecker Street homicide appears in court
- Man accused in 2018 Bleecker Street homicide appears in court
- Trial for man accused in Bleecker Street homicide starts Monday
- Utica man charged in late night shooting on Bleecker Street
- Bleecker Street fatal shooting suspect to be arraigned
- Bleecker Street fatal shooting suspect arraigned on murder charge
- UPDATE: Utica police investigating homicide on Elizabeth Street in Utica
- More time to decide on plea in Bleecker Street homicide case