UPDATE – Police say a man in his 60s was struck and killed by a train in Utica.
Utica police were on the scene until at least 10 p.m. Monday night.
They say he was hit by a CSX train around 7 p.m. Monday evening on the main tracks just off of Schuler Street.
Utica police say they hope to learn more once they review the surveillance video from the train.
CSX and Amtrak traffic was a halted in both directions for about three hours, service resumed around 10 p.m.
UTICA, N.Y. – One person is dead after being hit by a train in Utica Monday evening.
It happened along the tracks near Schuyler Street - off of Oriskany Blvd. around 7:00 P.M.
Crews are still on the scene. They said they are still investigating, but confirm one person was hit and has died from their injuries. Police have not released any other details surrounding the incident.
WKTV has a crew on the scene. Once we receive more information we will pass that information along to you.
- Utica police investigate fatal train pedestrian accident
- Pedestrian fatalities on the rise
- State Police continue to investigate Verona accident
- State Police investigate a fatal accident in the Town of Florence
- Utica police investigating local car break-ins
- Utica police investigating death on William Street
- Police investigate stabbing in downtown Utica apartment
- Utica Police investigate Brinckerhoff Ave. shooting
- Clinton man killed in car-pedestrian accident on Thruway
- Hamilton College student injured in car-pedestrian accident