UTICA – Utica Police have released the names of those involved in a one-car rollover crash on the Arterial Tuesday night.
Police say 20-year-old Elias Nasser of Oneida was driving south on Route 12 around 8:15 p.m. when he allegedly drove his Volkswagon GTI off of the ramp to Route 840, went airborne, and came to a rest on the car’s roof.
When emergency crews arrived they found a passenger, 21-year-old Kristopher Wuest, trapped inside the car. Wuest was removed from the car by the Utica Fire Department and taken to a hospital for treatment. Police say Wuest is currently in critical condition.
Police say Nasser and the car’s two other passengers suffered “non-critical” injuries.
No word on if any tickets have been issued. Police say their investigation is ongoing, but speed is believed to be a factor.
PREVIOUS COVERAGE: 21-year-old man in critical condition after Arterial crash
- Utica Police release names of those injured in rollover Arterial crash
- Utica woman injured in Westmoreland rollover crash
- 2-car crash temporarily halts traffic on Arterial
- Lane closure for Utica North-South Arterial northbound Thursday
- UPDATE: 21-year-old man in critical condition after Arterial crash
- UPDATE: Traffic flowing again after 2-vehicle Arterial crash
- Woman injured after crash into Utica hotel
- Update: police release names involved in Cedarville crash
- Travel advisory issued for Arterial, Route 5S in Utica on Wednesday
- Travel advisory for section of Arterial during overnight paving operations