UPDATE: Utica police say they're investigating two separate shootings that occurred Wednesday night and left two men injured.
At approximately 7:34 p.m. Wednesday, Utica police responded to the 1100 block of St. Vincent Street for a report of shots fired with a gunshot victim. When officers arrived on scene, they found a 19-year-old man with gunshot wounds.
The victim was treated at the scene by the Utica Fire Department and then transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center, where he underwent surgery and was initially listed in stable condition. Officals say the victim is now in stable condition.
Police say around 7:55 p.m., they were then called to the 1000 block of Young Place for a report of a victim with gunshot wounds. The victim was also a 19-year-old man, and he was treated at the scene by the Utica Fire Department and then transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center where he underwent surgery and is currently in stable condition.
Police say it cannot be confirmed at this time whether or not the two shooting incidents are related.
Anybody with information about the shootings is asked to call Utica police at 315-223-3510.
UPDATE (10:55 P.M.) - Utica Police confirm to WKTV that one person was shot and is in surgery at a local hospital. Authorities have also moved their investigation to include several city blocks in East Utica and Cornhill.
UTICA, N.Y. – A home in East Utica was surrounded by yellow police tape and a number of police vehicles Wednesday evening following reports of shots fired.
Police could be seen talking to people at a home at 1008 Young Place. They were also talking to neighbors.
911 dispatched police to the scene at about 8:00 p.m.
WKTV contacted the public information officer for the Utica Police Department. Officer Bryan Coromato said he was still working to get details of the incident before releasing information to the media.
Stay with WKTV.com for updates as they become available.
- UPDATE: 2 men injured in separate shootings in Utica
- UPDATE: Utica man injured in Pleasant Street shooting; no suspect at this time
- Teen injured in late night shooting in Utica
- Man critically injured in Utica shooting, investigation ongoing
- Two injured after shooting on City Street in Utica
- UPDATE: Three Utica men charged in shots fired incident in Utica
- UPDATE: Crews respond to 2 separate crashes in Marcy area
- UPDATE: 1 person killed in Utica shooting Wednesday night
- UPDATE: Utica police ID man killed in Bleecker Street shooting
- UPDATE: Utica Police identify Lenox Ave. fatal shooting victim