UTICA, N.Y. -- Utica police are investigating a robbery at the Berkshire Bank on Mohawk Street on Monday afternoon.
Units were dispatched shortly after 4 p.m. regarding an in-progress bank robbery.
When they arrived they were told that a man wearing a dark colored hooded sweatshirt with his face covered by a mask entered the bank and displayed a handgun. He was then able to gain entry into the rear cashier area where he proceeded to demand the cash in the drawers.
He allegedly stole an undisclosed amount of currency and then fled the bank in westerly direction on South Street.
The sweatshirt he is wearing has distinctive markings. Utica police ask that if anyone recognizes the male or the clothing to please contact the Utica Police Department Criminal Investigations Division at 315-223-3510.
All calls may be kept confidential.
- Utica police search for Berkshire Bank robbery suspect
- NBT Bank robbery suspect in Utica police custody
- Search continues for armed bank robbery suspect in Oriskany Falls
- Utica police seek Stewart's Shops robbery suspect
- Arrest made in Adirondack Bank robbery in Utica
- Police searching for Utica homicide suspect's 90-year-old grandmother
- Oriskany Falls bank robbery suspect lived in quiet, senior community
- Convicted serial bank robber arrested in Oriskany Falls bank robbery
- Bank robbery at Adirondack Bank in Sylvan Beach, state police investigating
- Utica police seek help identifying burglary suspect