UTICA, N.Y. -- Preparations are underway at the Rescue Mission of Utica.
The shelter has been organizing the annual Great Thanksgiving Banquet for more than a month.
They are expecting to do about 1,800 meals Thursday. They will deliver around 900 to 1,000 meals or more, because of the weather.
Organizers say they have seen an increase in the amount of people who are in need of a meal. And they say everyone is welcome to stop by to enjoy a Thanksgiving dinner.
"Its great everybody is in a great mood everybody is really festive everybody is you really know just really happy and really thankful you know and that's what it’s all about,” said Rescue Mission of Utica Food Service Director Lucas Richmond.
Thursday’s meal is after 11 a.m. service, and will include turkey, stuffing mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and pie.
And after Thanksgiving the mission is looking for Christmas volunteers. For more information on how you can volunteet, head to their website.
- Utica Rescue Mission preparing to serve thousands
- Utica Rescue Mission serves record number of Thanksgiving meals
- Newstalk: Utica Rescue Mission Donations
- Newstalk: Rescue Mission of Utica
- NEWSTALK: Utica Rescue Mission Thanksgiving
- Utica's Ugly Sweater Run benefits rescue mission
- Mug Club: Rescue Mission of Utica Banquet
- Rescue Mission goals
- Rome Rescue Mission serves meals the whole day on Christmas
- Rome Rescue Mission Serves Easter Dinner to those in need