UTICA- The Tailor and the Cook located on Genesee Street earned a national recognition for being one of the most romantic restaurants in the United States for 2019.
The restaurant made OpenTable's Top 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America for a second year in a row.
OpenTable is an online based restaurant review site where customers can go to make reservations and write a review. Each year OpenTable compiles a list of more than 12 million diner reviews of more than 28,000 restaurants across the United States which landed The Tailor and the Cook in the top 100 for most romantic in America, and one of only five in New York State.
"What we're hoping to do is make sure every guest is well taken care of both in food, beverage, service, ambiance," said Owner and Executive Chef Tim Bardiman.
Hardiman said employees at the restaurant are a big reason why customers leave with a good experience. "People that have hospitality in their blood become a part of this team and we're all 100% guest focused."
The restaurant also has a major focus on local. I think that we're an important part of the downtown scene in that whether it's food beverage, or employment, we really do focus on the locality and making sure that what we do benefits the city."
- Utica Restaurant makes top 100 for most romantic
- The Tailor and the Cook named to OpenTable's list of most romantic restaurants
- Restaurant Week kicks off in Utica
- Chesterfield owners open new restaurant in Utica
- New restaurant coming to downtown Utica
- Utica fire crews investigating fire at El Barajo Restaurant
- 2 Utica restaurants to be featured in Travel Channel shows
- Top gun offender in Utica sentenced to prison time
- Local restaurant begins accepting Bitcoin
- Fire rips through Newport restaurant