UTICA, N.Y. -- Police are investigating a double homicide on Tilden Avenue in East Utica from Sunday night. A body found is believed to be the remains of a missing Utica woman.
The Oneida County District Attorney's Office has confirmed that the missing 90-year-old woman, Katherine Aubain, a grandmother to the suspect hospitalized in police custody, is dead.
Utica police posted on Facebook late Monday night, that the remains of Katherine Aubain, are believed to have been found.
Authorities say that confirmative identification will be made by the Medical Examiner's Office. Once that is complete, they say they'll release all identifying information regarding the victims.
The 29-year-old suspect is in the intensive care unit after he crashed his car on Bleecker Street following the alleged murders.
An 87-year-old landlord that lived in the first-floor apartment and owned the building was found dead around 8 p.m. Sunday night.
District Attorney Scott McNamara says his office is investigating a double homicide at the two-story duplex on Tilden Ave.
There is a video circulating on social media of surveillance video, that police confirm was taken from a business near the home where the homicides took place.
An 87-year-old woman that lived in the first-floor apartment and owned the building was found dead around 8 p.m. Sunday night. Neighbors say she was a nice woman, who used to be a dog groomer.
Utica police says that the investigation is ongoing.
This case makes three homicides in a matter of 24-hours within the city limits. The other confirmed homicide was at a residence on Lincoln Avenue early Monday morning.
- Police: Body found believed to be grandmother of alleged Utica killer
- Alleged killer officially charged in deaths of grandmother, landlord
- Police searching for Utica homicide suspect's 90-year-old grandmother
- Convicted killer from Utica denied appeal
- Utica man allegedly stabbed grandmother, then lit her on fire
- Utica man accused in grandmother's death pleads not guilty
- Utica Police K9 Wolf to receive body armor
- NewsTalk: Believe 271 Scholarship
- DA: Suspected killer declared unfit to stand trial in Utica
- Police: 14,000 untaxed cigarettes found at Utica convenience store