UTICA, N.Y. -- Another Mohawk Valley school district will get "special patrol officers.”
Oneida County and the Utica City School District will sign an agreement Monday, which will put SPO’s in every elementary school in the district.
It was announced this year that the county would fund half the cost of placing an SPOin schools – they patrol the building, restrain unruly individuals, and act in emergency situations.
The plan is to have SPO's in every school district in the county as early as next year.
- Utica elementary schools to get special patrol officers
- Utica City School District to place special patrol officers in elementary schools
- School Districts hiring Special Patrol Officers
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office Seeking Special Patrol Officer Applications
- Downtown foot patrol in Utica
- Oneida County Legislature approves 23 special patrol officers
- 6 extra special patrol officers approved for Oneida County
- $500K for special patrol officers in schools among new Oneida Co. safety initiatives
- 5 new districts team up with Oneida Co. to get special patrol officers in schools
- Some schools in Oneida County to receive Special Patrol Officers this fall