UTICA – The Utica firefighter accused of performing a lewd act on a female colleague’s clothing will be forced to submit a DNA sample to prove his innocence.
On Tuesday, NewsChannel 2 first reported that the Oneida County District Attorney’s Office took City of Utica firefighter Richard Forte to court in order to compel him to turn over DNA evidence. Forte is accused of masturbating into the work pants of a female firefighter while she was out on a call.
Friday morning in Oneida County Court, Judge Michael Dwyer granted the DA’s Office request. Unless the defense wins an appeal to stay that order, Forte will be required to submit the DNA sample on March 15.
As of Friday Forte has not been charged with a crime, but he is accused of performing the act between Jan. 5 and Jan. 6 at the District Five firehouse on Van Rensselaer Avenue in Utica.
Check back with NewsChannel 2 and WKTV for a full report later in the day.
- Utica firefighter accused of lewd act toward female coworker ordered to submit DNA sample
- Utica firefighter accused of lewd act against female coworker
- Utica firefighter accused of lewd act agrees to submit DNA sample
- Utica firefighter fired following lewd act allegations
- Utica firefighter accused of lewd act arraigned on several charges
- Former Utica firefighter sentenced in lewd act case
- Motions adjourned in lewd act case against former Utica firefighter
- Utica man accused of committing lewd acts in his car
- Utica man accused of lewd act inside Herkimer convenience store
- Judge drops 1 charge against Utica firefighter accused of lewd act