UTICA, N.Y. -- The Utica man originally charged with his grandmother's attempted murder, was in city court Friday on an upgraded murder charge.
Before she died, police say 68-year-old Freddie McKinney was able to tell police her grandson tried to stab her, pour liquid on her and set her on fire.
She died in a Syracuse hospital Wednesday night.
The domestic incident where all this allegedly happened was Sunday night on West Street.
Andre Anderson was only in court for a few minutes, long enough to plead not guilty to his grandmother's murder.
The judge also scheduled a felony hearing for Monday at 1 p.m.
- Utica man accused in grandmother's death pleads not guilty
- Utica man pleads not guilty to murder, arson charges in grandmother's death
- Man accused of killing grandmother, elderly landlord in Utica pleads not guilty
- Man accused in Utica's Cornhill shooting pleads not guilty
- Case against man accused of killing grandmother in Utica adjourned
- Utica man pleads guilty to drug possession charge
- Utica man pleads guilty in cocaine conspiracy case
- Utica man pleads not guilty in teen homicide case
- Utica man pleads guilty to trademark counterfeiting charge
- Utica man pleads not guilty in shooting death of 17-year-old Stefan Medina