UTICA – A Utica man is facing felony charges after he and another male allegedly attacked an elderly man at his home and then stole his vehicle, according to the Utica Police Department.
Police say around 11:35 a.m. Monday, officers responded to the 1100 block of Ontario Street for a report of an assault and robbery. When officers arrived on scene they spoke with an 86-year-old male victim who said that when he arrived home and went inside, he was attacked by two unknown males.
Police say the victim was struck in the head with an unknown object, which caused injury. When the victim got up he realized that money and the keys to his vehicle were missing. He then went outside and found his vehicle had been stolen.
An investigation led to 18-year-old Jose Gonzalez of Utica being developed as a suspect, and police then located him and spoke with him about the incident. Police say Gonzalez gave officers information that confirmed his involvement, and he also gave them information that helped them find the victim’s vehicle.
Gonzalez is charged with felony first-degree burglary and felony second-degree robbery.
Police say the victim and Gonzalez know each other, and they say the incident appears to be isolated. The victim was treated for his injuries at a local hospital and then released.
The investigation is ongoing as investigators are working to identify the second suspect, and police say future arrests are expected.
If anybody has information regarding the investigation they’re asked to call Utica police at 315-223-3510. All calls will remain anonymous.
- Utica man accused of attacking elderly man and stealing his car
- Rome woman accused of stealing $12K from elderly man
- Elderly east Utica man interrupts burglary, is attacked
- Rome woman sentenced for stealing from elderly man
- Utica man accused of committing lewd acts in his car
- Utica man accused of sexually abusing child
- Utica man accused of forcibly touching teen
- Utica police seek man suspect of stealing from pharmacy
- Whitesboro woman, Ilion man accused of attacking girl, stealing her purse
- Former Utica National Insurance employee accused of stealing from company