UTICA, N.Y. -- The Utica man accused in his grandmother’s death appeared in Oneida County Court Monday.
Andre Anderson, 23, is facing first-degree murder and arson charges, for allegedly stabbing his grandmother and setting her West Street apartment on fire in January.
Both the prosecution and the defense agreed to the results of the psychiatric exam that determined Anderson is competent to stand trial.
The prosecution offered Anderson a plea deal, he is set to appear back in court next month with an answer to that offer.
- Utica man accused of killing grandmother, setting apartment on fire offered plea deal
- Man accused of killing grandmother in Utica turns down plea deal
- Plea deal offered to Laurens man accused of killing parents
- Utica man accused of beating girlfriend to death is offered plea deal
- Still no decision on plea deal for Utica man accused of killing baby
- Rome parents, accused in daughter's death, offered plea deal
- Utica teen accused in 17-year-old's shooting death offered plea deal
- Utica man accused in grandmother's death pleads not guilty
- Case against Utica man accused of killing his grandmother heads to grand jury
- Man accused of killing grandmother, elderly landlord in Utica pleads not guilty