UTICA – The Utica man who is accused of shooting and killing a homeless man back in 2016 appeared in Oneida County Court on Tuesday.
Raekwon Winston, 22, was indicted by an Oneida County grand jury last month on charges of second-degree murder and two counts of second-degree criminal possession of a weapon.
Winston is accused of shooting 60-year-old Lawrence “Larry” Edwards to death on Rutger Street in Utica, near the intersection with John Street, on May 7, 2016.
In court on Tuesday we learned that there was a conflict of interest with Winston’s original attorney, who may have represented someone involved in the case. He now has a new attorney, who is being given two weeks to get up-to-speed with the case.
Winston is expected to appear in court again on Sept. 4.
- Utica man accused of killing homeless man in 2016 appears in court
- Utica man accused of killing girlfriend's baby appears in court
- Man accused of killing girlfriend in Utica misses court appearance
- Utica man charged with murdering homeless man in 2016
- Trial begins for Utica man accused of killing homeless person
- Man accused of killing Utica teen appears in Oneida County Court
- Man accused of Rome murder appears in court
- Clinton man accused of robbing Adirondack Bank appears in court
- Man accused in Bleecker Street homicide appears in court
- Man accused in 2018 Bleecker Street homicide appears in court