UTICA, N.Y. - A Utica man was arrested and charged Tuesday evening with the 2007 rape of two children.
Desmond Anthony Jackson 30, of Utica, is charged with one count of Rape in the first degree, a class B felony.
Authorities said that for several years, ending in 2007, Jackson raped and sexually abused two female children, under the age of 11, at his home in Utica. Jackson was 19 at the time of the crime.
At the time of the publishing this article Jackson was awaiting arraignment at the Oneida County Jail. Authorities said the Oneida County District Attorney's office recommended that bail be set in the amount of $50,000.
Oneida County Sheriff’s investigators also requested an order of protection for both victims. They said the victims have been offered counseling through the child advocacy center.
Authorities said the investigation is continuing and additional charges against Jackson are possible.
- Utica man charged in 2007 rape case involving 2 children
- Utica man faces rape charges
- How Utica man could be charged with decade-old rape
- Case delayed for Utica man charged in Kirkland fatal crash
- State police: Utica man raped, impregnated a mentally disabled minor
- 35-year-old Utica man accused of raping a child
- Utica man accused of raping 14-year-old girl
- Utica woman accused of raping teenage boy
- No charges for woman involved in Orchard Street hazmat case
- Floyd man found guilty in 2016 rape case