UTICA- Just after 7 p.m. on Friday, crews were dispatched to Hopper Street near Genesee Street for a motor vehicle crash.
Police said when they got there, they found the car off the road and two utility poles hit with wires in the road. When they went over to the vehicle, they found 33-year-old Edwin Heredia unresponsive and extricated him from the car.
Crews attempted to revive him. Police said he showed signs of opiate overdose, so they administered NARCAN and Heredia was taken to the hospital for treatment.
After further investigation police discivered Heredia was under the influence while operating the vehicle, and he also had a large quantity of narcotics in his car.
He's charged with:
Driving While Ability Impaired—Drugs
Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 3rd –x2 (F)
Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance 7th (M)
Criminal Use of Drug Paraphernalia (M)
Unlawful Possession of Marijuana (V)
NYS Vehicle and Traffic Law violations
- Utica man charged in Hopper Street crash
- Utica man faces rape charges
- Case delayed for Utica man charged in Kirkland fatal crash
- Utica man charged in trademark counterfeit investigation
- Utica man charged with attempted robbery
- Utica man charged in Cornhill shooting incident
- Utica man charged with child sex abuse
- Utica man pleads guilty to charge in St. Vincent Street shooting
- UPDATE: Utica police ID man killed in Bleecker Street shooting
- Man accused in Utica's South Street shooting finds attorney