UTICA- A Utica man is charged with attempted robbery, and police say he also had a knife.
Utica Police said on Saturday night, Anthony Lester tried to rob a Dollar General on Mohawk Street while the store was closing.
They said Lester threatened an employee at the store with a knife while demanding money.
They said Lester left the store but was found a short distance away and was taken into custody.
He's charged with attempted robbery, criminal possession of a weapon, and menacing.
- Utica man charged with attempted robbery
- Madison County man accused of attempted robbery
- Utica man charged with falsely reporting armed robbery
- Utica man faces rape charges
- Suspect charged with attempted murder following Utica shooting
- Third victim: Utica man accused of killing grandmother, landlord hit with attempted murder charge too
- Utica man accused of attempted burglary in New Hartford
- Utica man charged in trademark counterfeit investigation
- Utica man charged in Hopper Street crash
- Utica man charged in Cornhill shooting incident