UTICA, N.Y. – A Utica man was sentenced to six years in state prison after pleading guilty to sexually abusing a girl under the age of 11.
Seth Bidwell, 24, was arrested in June and originally charged with rape before he pleaded guilty to sexual abuse in August.
During Bidwell’s sentencing hearing on Tuesday, Oct. 22, he expressed remorse for his actions.
"The only thing I really can say, honestly, if it means anything, is that I regret what I've done and that what I'm doing now is going to change my life. That's the truth,” said Bidwell.
The defense attorney also asked the court to note that Bidwell’s father was convicted of sexually abusing Bidwell, and is currently serving a prison sentence for that crime.
- Utica man sentenced after pleading guilty to sexually abusing young girl
- Utica man pleads guilty to sexual abuse
- Utica man sentenced for sexually abusing child
- Utica man in prison for sexually abusing young girls gets more time on child porn charges
- Oriskany man pleads guilty to sexually abusing child
- Sylvan Beach man accused of sexually abusing children pleads guilty
- Westmoreland man pleads guilty to sexually abusing child
- Deerfield man sentenced for sexually abusing 5-year-old girl
- Utica man accused of sexually abusing child
- Inmate pleads guilty to sexually abusing female corrections officer