UTICA, N.Y. -- A man allegedly armed with a crow bar in his front pant leg, entered an 88-year-old woman's Utica home, stole her purse, and fled.
Mark McDermott, 49 of Utica, was charged with burglary, grand larceny, and possession of burglar's tools.
A little before 11 Thursday night, police say McDermott entered the woman's home in the 1500 Block of Goodrich Avenue, in Utica.
A Utica police officer, was in the vicinity when he got the call. McDermott was later transported to Utica Police Department on those charges listed.
- Utica man with crow bar accused of stealing from elderly woman's purse
- Rome woman accused of stealing $12K from elderly man
- Whitesboro woman, Ilion man accused of attacking girl, stealing her purse
- Utica man accused of attacking elderly man and stealing his car
- Rome woman sentenced for stealing from elderly man
- Healthcare aide accused of stealing $11,000 from elderly couple
- Man accused of killing grandmother, elderly landlord in Utica pleads not guilty
- Elderly east Utica man interrupts burglary, is attacked
- Otsego County health aide accused of stealing $33k from elderly couple
- Former Utica National Insurance employee accused of stealing from company