UTICA, N.Y. -- Testimony resumed in Oneida County Court Wednesday in the murder trial of Raekwon Winston.
He's accused of shooting a homeless man whose body was found in a car on Rutger Street, back in 2016.
On the witness stand Wednesday, a 20-year-old man who was with defendant Raekwon Winston around the time of the murder.
Jailan Liggins said he and a group of friends were asleep in his Rutger Street apartment, when they heard gunshots. Then, he says, Winston came in the apartment with a gun and said he killed someone.
Liggins said no one believed him at the time.
Witness testimony will continue through the afternoon.
- Trial begins for Utica man accused of killing homeless person
- Deliberations continue in Utica murder trial against Raekwon Winston
- Utica man charged with murdering homeless man in 2016
- Jury selection begins in trial against Utica man accused of killing homeless person
- Utica man admits to transporting, possessing child porn
- Man who admitted to school shooting threat sentenced in Utica
- Jury begins deliberations in Utica murder trial