UTICA, N.Y. – Utica was ranked as one of the top “hottest cities for young millennials” to buy a home in.
The city came in at No. 9 on the list of 20 by Realtor.com, because of the ability to get more bang for your buck when it comes to home ownership – compared to nationwide home listings.
The list says that the percentage of mortgages issued to buyers aged 20 to 29 was at 29.9 percent, and the median listing price is $130,000, and just 90 minutes east in Albany, it’s around $300,000.
Most millennial homeowners are buying three-bedroom, one-bathroom homes for $100,000 or less, which is about a third of the national median home price.
- More millennials looking to buy homes
- Ryan Hall named first Utica City FC head coach
- Utica City Budget
- Why millennials are choosing Utica as their place to settle down
- Local investment company holds 'Millennial Millionaire' workshop to help millennials with financial planning
- Utica's Independence Day Parade grand marshal named
- Utica Fire Department names next assistant chief
- Utica City FC takes down Blast in home opener